Saturday, September 6, 2008

Big Boy Bed





Steve and I converted Bryden's crib to a big boy bed today. The little man has slept in his crib only handful of times because we made the terrible mistake of co-sleeping. The code word for co-sleeping in our house is also called "NO SLEEPING." I can't say that we are big into the philosophy behind co-sleeping with your children. Co-sleeping just happened to us. During pregnancy I read so many pregnancy books that I skipped the raising the baby books until Bryden was here. And then I only had time to read snip-its here and there. I should have read more about how to get baby into their own sleeping space as soon as possible. ha ha ha.... So, Bryden STILL sleeps with us and loves to snuggle. But, he is so big that he really needs to get into his own bed. He can crawl right out of his crib(we started to try the Ferber method, but he just climbed out of bed), so we might as well skip the whole crib thing and go straight into big boy bed. Bryden was so impressed with his big boy bed. He jumped right in with Jerz and cuddled up. Whenever he is upstairs he jumps into the bed with a big smile on his face.

We just tried to put him down for a nap in the big boy bed, but it got him too excited. So, guess what? He is asleep in our king-sized bed as happy as can be. I will keep you posted on when and if he every uses big boy bed as more than just a play toy. ha!

No comments:

Binninger Look-alike Meter